Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Save big in January

You know, I get a ton of advertising emails. But they are keeping me up on sales. The best time to shop is Janurary, their are so many sales. Stragety that i was thinking about is claming 0 on your taxes every year. When you collect it the next year take that money and buy everything you need for the entire year. For example, buy in bulk at Costco, things like Laundry Detergent, paper towels, paper plates, shampoos/conditioners. Things like this you can caluate how much you use and buy for the year.

Also investing in a deep freezer is a great idea. I did this. Mine hold 150 lbs of food. In it I keep only meat, I also freeze bread. I stock it full I find that Food 4 Less has cheap meat prices for meat in bulk. I buy it when I see it onl sale and stock pile it. In my normal fridge in the freezer part I keep frozen vegtables and stock up on them when also on sale.

Bath & body Works was having a sale on their Body Wash foam. I love the stuff. its normally $12.50 a bottle, but in Janurary they are selling now for $3.00 a bottle. So I bought 10 of them. They will lat me for the rest of the year. Now I don't need any soap!!

Try to buy items at the beginning of the year when stores want to get rid of inventory from the last year. If you use your income tax return then its not like your loosing money, you never had it in your account anyway. Think of the things that you can buy and store that won't go bad (toothpaste, paper products, detergent, cleaner) then you can save all your paychecks for the rest of the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment